The City of Burien is re-imagining the long-term future of our city through a coordinated planning effort called “Shape Your City”. The initiative combines major updates to the Comprehensive Plan, a new Transportation Master Plan, and an update to the Parks, Recreation and Open Space Plan.
Specifically, this planning process focuses on land use, economic development, human services, environmental protection, infrastructure, transportation, parks and open spaces, recreation programs, public art, and cultural services.
Results of this planning effort will guide policymaking, operational plans, and budgets for the next twenty years.
“It’s vital that the voice of the community guides these important planning processes,” said Adolfo Bailon, Burien City Manager.
Over the next few months, City staff and partners will offer opportunities for the community and other stakeholders to provide feedback and help develop the long-range plans for Burien’s future.
This process builds off previous community engagement and planning efforts including a strategic plan still in development, pandemic recovery plan, and community survey.
- Provide feedback online through an interactive map
- City staff and partners will be at community events this fall to talk to the community. Stop by!
- Sign up for email updates to learn about upcoming engagement opportunities
- Attend a community visioning workshop in October
- Attend and provide public comment at upcoming City Council and advisory board meetings
More information can be found at burienwa.gov/SYC or by emailing SYC@burienwa.gov.